- Fifteen-year-old Alabama boy hangs himself after getting into trouble for streaking at a high school football game.
- Iowa city councilman kills himself when he comes under investigation for possession of child pornography.
- Michigan father of five kills himself when he comes under investigation for possession of child pornography.
- Two charged with child porn and two under investigation (all from Tennessee) die in a murder-suicide pact.
- Ohio man accused of having child porn and plead not guilty to pandering commits suicide. (via eAdvocate)
Churches should put their teachings about mercy and redemption into action by welcoming sex offenders. City councils should decrease the residency restrictions for sex offenders. State legislators should stop using sex offenders as the easy way to prove they are tough on crime. We should stop using the phrase "sex offender" to label a huge variety of offenses as if they are all equally bad.
I'd like to see people fight back when comments like this are made:
adios pervert .. now america dont have to pay for your prison life ..I'd like to see a flood of responses to those comments, defending sex offenders. Yes, defending sex offenders.
When the law encourages hatred and vigilantism, that law is wrong.
Laws that deliberately make life difficult for sex offenders are wrong.
When a law pretending to protect children results in fatherless children and a child dead of suicide, that law is wrong.
Abolish the sex offender registry.