Sunday, April 1, 2012

"we were here"

After the ICE agents searched our house and left us with a--believe it or not--"Have a nice day," my husband and I found an attorney in the phone book and met with him. It wasn't until later in the day when we noticed things out of place because of the search. 


In our closet, a box of mementos that had been stored on the highest shelf was left open on the floor of the closet though everything else was in its place. In my underwear drawer, an envelope that I keep on the bottom of the draw was left on top of the underwear. My daughter found her journal left open on her bed.


These all felt as if they were messages to us from the agents that they had been there. I believe that the searches are meant to terrorize the families.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers to you and your family. I look for this blog often. Learning so much.

Marie said...

When you say "learning so much," I can't help but hope that you are a legislator somewhere, reconsidering current law. :-)
I appreciate your prayers more than I can say.